The Association of Greek American Professional Women (AGAPW) is now accepting applications for our EXCELLENCE TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS:
- The Katerina Navab Excellence Tuition Scholarship on Humanities
- The Amalia Colombos Excellence Tuition Scholarship on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
The scholarships offer $1,500 each annually and are awarded to female students of Greek descent, who are US citizens or permanent residents, and are enrolled in a four-year accredited Bachelor’s program in the Tri-State area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Selection criteria are based on academic excellence, community contribution, and financial need. The applicant must submit a personal statement, a financial statement, and university documents indicating status of enrollment and grades.
Applications are accepted between December 1st, 2022 and March 15th, 2023.
The scholarships will be awarded in March 2023.
For further questions on applying for a scholarship or offering to donate to our scholarship fund, please contact Dr. Pannie Trifillis at email@example.com.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Congratulations to Ms. Eleni Milonas of New York University and Ms. Katherine Phillips of Rutgers University, our well-deserving and inspiring 2022 awardees of the Katerina Navab Excellence Tuition Scholarship in Humanities and the Amalia Colombos Excellence Tuition Scholarship in STEM, respectively.
Our profound gratitude to our distinguished Excellence Tuition Scholarships sponsors, Dr. Aphrodite Navab and Mrs. Katerina Navab, and Mr. Nicholas Colombos and Mrs. Alexandra Colombos for their generosity and support of A.G.A.P.W.’s mission.
A special Thank You to the distinguished Excellence Tuition Scholarships Committees members for their invaluable time and diligence:
— “The Katerina Navab” Excellence Tuition Scholarship in Humanities Committee:
Sophia Catsambis, Ph.D.
Maria Kaliambou, Ph.D.
Katherine Schwab, PhD.
Liana Theodoratou, Ph.D. – Committee Chair
Anna Venetsanos, M.A.
— “The Amalia Colombos” Excellence Tuition Scholarship in STEM Committee:
Eliana Antoniou, Ph.D.
Vassiliki Karantza, Ph.D.
Athena Petropulu, Ph.D.
Anastasia Romanou, Ph.D.
Pannie Trifillis, Ph.D. – Committee Chair
A special Thank You to our sponsors:
— Benefactors —
Dr. Olga Alexakos
Mr. Nicholas Colombos and Mrs. Alexandra Colombos
Dr. Aphrodite Désirée Navab
Mrs. Katerina Navab
Ms. Irene Sarri
Dr. Pannie Trifillis
— Supporters —
Aerial Design and Build
Mr. Paul Lountzis
— Friends —
Dr. Katherine Schwab
Ms. Christina Tenedios
Ms. Maria Tolios
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Read about the past events organized by AGAPW:
- November 1st, 2022 – Conversation with Amanda Michalopoulou on her book “God’s Wife”
- January 31st—June 6th, 2022 – “Conversations With Women Leaders” Lecture Series (Videos of the Lectures)
- May 17th, 2021 – Dr. Elisa Konofagou: Therapeutic ultrasound for Alzheimer’s
- March 22nd, 2021 – 200 Year Commemoration of the Greek Independence
- March 8th, 2021 – International Women’s Day Celebration
- March 28th, 2019 – Women’s History Month and “Greek American Woman of the Year” Award Gala
- December 19th, 2018 – Traditional Greek Christmas Party
- October 25th, 2018 – Wills, Trusts and Asset Protection Discover How to Protect Your Assets and Leave a Family Legacy
- October 18th, 2018 – 12th Annual New York City Greek Film Festival
- October 12th, 2018 – Exhibition of Artist Aphrodite Désirée Navab
- July 24th, 2018 – Painting the Greek Summer
- March 27th, 2018 – Women’s History Month and “Greek American Woman of the Year” Award Gala
- February 28th, 2018 – Symposium on “Inspiring Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)”
- February 6th, 2018 – Welcome 2018 Networking Reception with Traditional Cutting of the Vasilopita
- December 7th, 2017 – Celebrating Community, Entrepreneurship, and Philanthropy
- October 15th, 2017 – 11th Annual New York City Greek Film Festival and After-Film Networking
- June 14th, 2017 – Private Tour and Reception of the Onassis Foundation USA
- March 29th, 2017 – Women’s History Month and “Greek American Woman of the Year” Award Gala
- January 30th, 2017 – New Year’s Celebration with Agapi Stassinopoulos, AGAPW and ALLILONnet
- December 1st, 2016 – Networking and Conversation on Professional Cooperation, Solidarity and Mentorship
- November 3rd, 2016 – Symposium on the Current State of Cancer Prevention and Treatment
- October 28th, 2016 – The 11th Annual Demetrios Contos Memorial Programin celebration of OXI DAY
- October 13-16th, 2016 – Onassis Festival NY 2016: Antigone Now
- October 4th, 2016 – 10th Annual New York City Greek Film Festival
- July 8-24th, 2016 – Eternity and History: The Cinema of Theo Angelopoulos
- June 16th, 2016 – A Theater Party: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- March 8th, 2016 – Women’s History Month and “Greek American Woman of the Year” Award Gala
- January 4th, 2016 – A.G.A.P.W. and ALLILONnet’s New Year’s Celebration
- December 11th, 2015 – Holiday Benefit Celebration at the Soho studio loft of artists Michael and Niki Kapsalis
- October 29th, 2015 – Celebrating the Olympic Spirit with Olympic Gold Medalist Athanasia Tsoumeleka and Marathoner Mary Liarou-Barbaris
- October 27th, 2015 – The 10th Annual Demetrios Contos Memorial Program in Celebration of the “OXI DAY – October 28th 1940”
- May 26th, 2015 – Mothers to the Community: Greek American Women’s Contribution to Philanthropy, and Civic Education
- April 23rd, 2015 – Breaking Bread and Sharing Insights with Trailblazers Dinner Series: Inaugural Dinner with Ambassador Loucas Tsilas
- March 12th, 2015 – Women’s History Month and Greek American Woman of the Year Award Gala
- February 10th, 2015 – Celebration of the New Year with Vasilopita, Wine and Conversation with Friends. Guest of Honor, Press and Communication Counselor of Greece to the United Nations, Mr. Nikolaos Papaconstantinou
- November 5th, 2014 – Conversation with Women Leaders Honoring Judge Harriet Pavles George
- May 29th, 2014 – Meet the Author: A Retrospective on Award Winning Author Ioanna Karatzaferi
- April 22nd, 2014 – Conversation with Women Leaders featuring Oscar and Golden Globe Award Winning Actress Olympia Dukakis Presented by Film Director Stavroula Toska
- March 27th, 2014 – Women’s History Month and Greek American Woman of the Year Award Gala
- February 17th, 2014 – Networking Event: Celebrating Friendship and Community at Molyvos Restaurant
- February 6th, 2014 – Dr. Katherine A. Schwab Presents: “An Archeologist’s Eye: Drawing the Parthenon Sculptures”
- December 4th, 2013 – Inaugural Conversation with Women Leaders Series featuring the Honorable Consul General of the Republic of Cyprus in New York Koula Sophianou
- October 17th, 2013 – Symposium: “Domestic Violence, Gender, and Culture: Shining a Light”
- June 24th, 2013 – “Welcome the Summer” – Networking Event with Fine Greek Wine Tasting and Appetizers at Loi’s
- March 26th, 2013 – Women’s History Month and Greek American Woman of the Year Award Celebration
- February 25th, 2013 – Symposium: Trafficking in Human Beings
- January 18th, 2013 – New Year’s Celebration with Vasilopita (????????t? – New Year’s pie)
- November 29th, 2012 – Capital Link’s 14th Annual Investor Forum – “Building a New Greece”
- November 8th, 2012 – An Evening of Networking to Welcome the Thanksgiving Season and Celebrate Friendship and Community
- August 26th, 2012 – AGAPW Presents Eleni Daniilidou: “How to Play Tennis Like a Pro!”
- June 23rd, 2012 – Summer Evening with Wine, Poetry and Conversation with Friends
- May 22nd, 2012 – “Mothers of the Greek Diaspora:” Celebrating with artist and author Thea Halo and her mother Sano Themia Halo
- March 28th, 2012 – Women’s History Month and Greek American Woman of the Year Award Celebration
- February 8th, 2012 – AGAPW Presents: Agapi Stassinopoulos – “Unbinding the Heart: A Dose of Greek Wisdom, Generosity, and Unconditional Love”
- December 8th, 2011 – Artist Talk: Reception with Greek Artist and Art Educator Natasha Metaxa
- November 17th, 2011 – Forum: The Greek Crisis
- September 13th, 2011 – Fashion Week Networking Party, Celebrating the Culture and Fashion of Classical Athens: Dr. Katherine Schwab presents her research on the “Caryatid Hairstyles”
- August 5th, 2011 – Networking Tour of the High Line Park, Featuring a Presentation of the Public Art Works by Dr. Aphrodite Navab
- June 2nd, 2011 – Breakfast at Saks Fifth Avenue with Greek Jewelry Designer Konstantino
- May 25th, 2011 – Seminar presentation by Zina Spezakis, CFA, CEO & Founder, Wealth Sprout: Investing Basics, What the Wall Street Does not Want You to Know
- May 5th, 2011 – “Mothers of the Greek Diaspora:” Photographic Show and Presentation by Dr. Marina Mkhitaryan at the Greek General Consulate of New York
- March 8th, 2011 – Inaugural Women’s History Month and Greek American Woman of the Year Award Celebration
- January 19th, 2011 – New Year’s Celebration with Traditional Vasilopita, Poetry and Songs
- December 17th, 2010 – Reception and Private Tour of “Heroes: Mortals and Myths in Ancient Greece”, hosted by the Onassis Foundation (USA)
- October 26th, 2010 – Symposium: Honoring the Success of Greek American Women in the News Media: An In-Depth Look at Their Contributions to Both Ethnic and National Media and Their Personal Journeys on the Road to Success
- September 26th, 2010 – Celebration of Family, Friendship, and Community with an “End of Summer/Welcome to Autumn,” Mediterranean Barbecue/Fundraiser
- July 15th, 2010 – Summer Evening of Conversation and Art, Featuring Financier, Dr. Vasilis Katsikiotis and Artist Ms. Maria Garozi
- March 17th, 2010 – An Evening with Wine and Poetry with Friends
- February 10th, 2010 – An Evening with Wine and Poetry with Friends
~ ~ ~ ~ ~